Saturday 16 May 2015

The Huyton hammer

I have just come home from watching Steven Gerard playing his last match for the Reds at Anfield.Now I'm more than prejudiced in my opinion of him as a footballer as he was born on the council estate I lived on and I was a school friend to his father and uncle but having said that I was surprised just how emotional tonight was.I am usually quite stoical in my demeanour but tonight was truly special so farewell Stevie G and thanks for all the football magic ....scouser born and bred.

4 comments:

Vinogirl said...

Watching the game on US telly they did mention that Stevie G was brought up on the Bluebell Estate (gulp, hard to be stoic). So, so glad you were there :)

Albert said...

Error 404 does not compute, 22 people kicking spherical object around field while thousands shout they agree or disagree, programme has entered tribal mode, please reboot and try again.

Thud said...

Albert...its a scouse thing!

James Higham said...

And so to America.